- Feathers and dry twigs create a major fire hazard. And in our dry, hot Australian summer, becomes effective kindling for a fire spark in your roof where your wooden joists are!!!
- With Birds it does tend to be a seasonal thing, in the warmer spring and summer weather they nest and breed. To remove birds you must act quickly, mites are a problem if left too long, and this type of infestation is a real headache.
- 1. Contact a pest controller, they will know whether the birds in your roof are a protected species or not, and will take the correct steps in regard to this. You must remove the problem.
- 2. You will have to repair the entry points in your roof this could be air vents or broken bargeboards. Call a carpenter if it is a big job. It must be repaired properly because the birds will come back! The weak points in the roof must be blocked.
- 3. Get your Guttering and Gutter Guard Checked. If you have a rubber or plastic type material for the Gutter Protection System, this may not help in the long run with your problem, especially if rats or other vermin are a risk.
- 4. Get a Qualified tradesperson to come in to replace your Guttering and Gutter Guard if damaged. Use a steel Gutter Guard System, especially for Rats and Mice.
- Snakes are drawn by their sense of smell, chances are if you have snakes in your roof you have mice or rats up there first.
- So with snakes once their food source is eliminated they will go also. Call a Pest Controller to be sure.
And again follow with the 3 Steps above, Remove the problem, Repair the damage and Replace old inferior product with new resilient Steel Products.
And remember buy Australian made.